Is your HR department fully equipped to handle the challenges
of operating a wood manufacturing business?
Do you aspire to improve HR policies & procedures
but not sure where to turn?
Are you developing due diligence and employee understanding
of the equipment, they are using?
Are your staff ready to address key points in a safety talk
as they lead equipment training/re-training?
Training Content Includes:
Morning Session: Human Resources Policies and Procedures: In the morning workshop, we will provide you with templates of HR policies and procedures to help you build your HR policies program or enhance what you currently have in place. Our goals are to review a variety of policies and procedures and offer advice on how they can be modified to suit the needs of the business. There will be Q&A at the end.
- Hours of work
- Time off, sick days, emergency leave days, etc.
- Cell phone policy
- Company benefits,
- Termination policy
- And more
Lunch Break – 1/2 hr
Afternoon Session: Safety Talks for a Wood Working Shop: In the afternoon workshop, we will provide participants with a variety of safety talks/safety rules for using standard tools and equipment found in most work working shops. We will discuss how a planned safety talk can be used to train workers. Attendees will be able to download a series of safety talks that cover off most tools and equipment found in wood-working shops.
- Safety Talks are so crucial for a business to do – review of OHSA and where it says they should be doing this.
- Review a few sample safety talks to discuss the critical points in a safety talk
- Discuss how to build your safety talk using information that is available to you.
- Learn different ways you can deliver the safety talk or safety rules.
- Take advantage of this exclusive online event.
Whether your company has an HR department or not, or a business owner who wears multiple hats this doubleheader event may be for you.