On behalf of The Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario’s board of directors and staff, we wish you all the best for the holiday season and thank you for your ongoing support of the cluster over the past year!
You, as members and partners, have helped the WMCO evolve from its humble beginnings into the provincial cluster for the value-added wood industry we are today!
Despite the challenges over the past year for all of us, we are proud to serve and support you and your company to continue to be successful as we move forward into the future!
We have all had a busy year! WMCO would like to share these accomplishments with you for 2021 that include:
- 50 live events including training series with 725 attendees
- New brand and name launch from the former BWA to WMCO: www.wmco.ca
- Completion of a 5-year strategic plan: Our Vision & Mission – Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario (wmco.ca)
- Introduction of 3 new program areas: Cyber Security, Digital Marketing, and WSIB Health & Safety Excellence Rebate Program
- Pivot to live-streamed in-person hybrid plant tours and events: WMCO Plant Tour Focus Groups Trailer
- Members are networking successfully through this past year in our digital online community
- Export Readiness program with U.S Market tool kit and round tables
- Launch of NRCan IFIT Industry 4.0 Study Project: 10 member companies participating
- Collaboration with CKCA and AWMAC on training and export events and the upcoming Wood Industry Job Portal in 2022
We look forward to more big things for 2022! See you in the new year!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Chief Executive Officer
Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario