Season’s Greetings to everyone!
As we look back over the year for the BWA, we have much to be thankful for and proud of. New initiatives have been launched to help our industry, and our membership continues to grow.
Some highlights of 2018 include:
- Membership now approaching 130 member companies
- Export development project to IMM Show Cologne, Germany
- 4 Quarterly Networking Events
- Launch of the BWA Lean Road Map program with 3 public training events and in-house projects
- Launch of the BWA Sandler Sales training program with 3 public training events and in-house projects
- 2 Plant Tour Kaizen events
- Launch of the BWA Benefit Plant
- Total event attendance of over 500 BWA members and partners
- Launch of the BWA Buying Group to be formalized in 2019
- Hiring of BWA Program Coordinator/Advisor to better serve members
- BWA speaker at Wood Best Practices Forum, Vancouver BC
- BWA panelist at TCI International Cluster Conference, Toronto
- Partnerships with BC Wood, Canada Wood, NGen Canada, MNRF, and NRCan
- Committed volunteer board of directors providing governance and oversight
I am sure I may have missed something, but we are excited about the future and 2019 promises to be an even better year to serve the value-added wood industry in southwestern Ontario.
Finally, thank you to our devoted members and partners who continue to support the BWA cluster!
Merry Xmas and happy new year!
Mike Baker, Executive Director
Comments are closed.