April 29, 2020 at 6:29 pm #10516Michelle HoldenParticipant
If you were unable to join us for this important event you can watch a recording online. Click here to watch!
Join us for a recap & review of the legislation and programs currently in place for businesses during the COVID-19 crisis, including Wage Subsidy and Canada Emergency Response Benefit. To help answer your questions, we welcome back lawyers Sundeep Gokhale and Ed Snetsinger of Sherrard Kuzz LLP.
In the second half, Steve Smith, a business advisor from the Government of Ontario, will review non-COVID-19 related funding programs available. We will also recap COVID-19 funding for wood companies.
Also, join us as we review the upcoming BWA Industry 4.0 Digital Adoption Project and the BWA Buying Group.
This event will include:
- Updates to Wage Subsidy and Canada Emergency Response Benefit. Guest speakers Sundeep Gokhale and Ed Snetsinger of Sherrard Kuzz LLP specialize in Employment & Labour law and will return for a third time to share updates to the quickly changing government responses followed by a Q&A.
- Funding Sources: COVID-19 and NON-COVID-19 related funding for wood companies. Stephen Smith, (MEDJCT) Senior Business Advisor of Government of Ontario, will provide an update on funding programs available to businesses followed by a Q&A. We will also recap COVID-19 funding for wood companies. Note: There are video resources from previous discussions available on request and click here for more COVID-19 Resources.
- BWA is developing an industry 4.0 pilot for an upcoming NRCan program call for proposals. This project could provide up to 50% funding for investments in transformational technology toward industry 4.0.
- BWA has started the development of a buying group, and we are getting close to the execution of a buying group committee. The buying group will provide members with rebates on specific product groupings from suppliers participating in the group. Rebates can range from 3-10%. This initiative was developed to help wood companies become more competitive and sustainable.
- And finally, an open discussion with all attendees to see how everyone is coping and dealing with the legislation and business challenges.
We look forward to continuing to help you stay engaged with your industry during this time!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.