This past year has been a very busy and productive one for the BWA and its members! Factories are busy! Members are engaging in BWA networking events, plant tour focus groups, projects, and training.
New members are joining, and our industry is starting to get some momentum. This past week, our 100th member joined: True North Log Homes in Bracebridge.
The BWA now sits at 70 manufacturing and 30 associate supplier members, and we are continuing to grow!
Here are some of the highlights of this year:
- 4 Plant Tour Focus Groups engaging members in Continuous Improvement methodology
- 4 Quarterly networking events with subject matter expertise and supply chain members
- First quarterly event hosted by Post-Secondary Institution (Conestoga) with visit by Hon. Minister McGarry, MNRF
- 2 public Finishing training sessions followed by in-house training by subscribing members
- 2 High School wood shop tours to BWA members for workforce development
- Export development project to Index Design Show, Dubai, UAE in May, 2016
- Export development project to High Point Market, High Point, NC. for April and Oct markets
- BWA offers sponsors to 20 High schools for Woodlinks curriculum with Wood Manufacturing Council
- BWA participates on 2 program advisory committees for post secondary: Conestoga and Georgian College to facilitate industry input to curriculum
- The BWA is continuing to pursue opportunities for its members with its government partners, and wishes to thank the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry for its ongoing support!
Make sure to mark Jan 25th, 2017 in your calendar for the next Pant Tour Focus Group hosted by GCW Cabinets in St. Thomas!
On behalf of the Bluewater Wood Alliance, its members and board of directors, we wish everyone a Christmas and prosperous new year!
We can’t wait to see what 2017 has in store for us in 2017!
Comments are closed.