BWA Online Roundtable COVID-19 Event – April 22nd, 2020
This event was open to all non-BWA Members, with a reach out to members of CKCA and AWMAC; for an inside look at how we are bringing together wood companies, suppliers, and industry partners to face this health crisis head-on together.
If you were unable to join us for this important event you can watch a recording online. Click here to watch!
This event was open to non-members & community partners and members of CKCA and AWMAC.
This event included:
1. A recap on Defining Essential Businesses with guest Lawyers Sundeep Gokhale and Ed Snetsinger of Sherrard Kuzz LLP specializing in Employment & Labour law and will include Q&A. There are a lot of questions surrounding the legality of how businesses can function within the framework the province has outlined.
2. Barry Reid of Leadership Management International (LMI) will address the emotional stress and impact this health crisis may be having on staff and management and how to cope in the face of this pandemic. Barry will be presenting and including a Q&A period as well on:
- Leadership Through Challenge and Crisis.
- Leadership and Communication Success Traits and Strategies.
- Emotional Impact of COVID-19 on Employees and Leaders
- Sustaining emotional intelligence and problem-solving skills when they are required the most.
3. And finally, an open discussion with all attendees to see how everyone is coping and dealing with the legislation and business challenges.