What a year it has been for the Bluewater Wood Alliance and its members! The wood industry in Ontario is nimble and adaptable to change.
The BWA pivoted quickly to adapt to the lockdown to engage the industry virtually. From March 30th – July 15th, the BWA conducted 9 virtual COVID-19 related events to educate our members on the emerging pandemic and due diligence for our members.
Some other highlights for this year include:
- 27 virtual events with 759 participants, with the delivery of Sales and Leadership Training Series
- First virtual plant tour kaizen event for the wood industry
- Launch of the BWA/CME Health and Safety Excellence Program
- Export Readiness Project ongoing with NRCan
- Digital Transformation Project with NGen: driving the digitization of delivery for the BWA cluster
- BWA Buying Group evolving and moving forward in 2021
- BWA re-branding exercise to be released in 2021
- Networking feature now adopted into virtual events
- Stable membership renewals through the pandemic: member numbers have held firm
- Ongoing engaged board of directors: 13 board members providing oversight and guidance for the cluster
We look forward to 2021 when we have the opportunity to meet again in person!
On behalf of the BWA board of directors and staff, we wish you great prosperity in 2021, and we look forward to working with you!
All the best to you and your families for the holiday season!
Mike Baker, Executive Director
Comments are closed.