WSIB – Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Award Program.
WSIB has announced the launch of a new recognition program called the Small Business Health and Safety Leadership Awards. Their first award program specifically for small businesses in Ontario!
These awards will recognize outstanding achievement in health and safety initiatives in businesses with fewer than 50 employees. The top three winners will receive cash prizes for their excellence in health and safety efforts.
First place – $5,000
Second place– $3,000
Third place – $2,000
If you are interested in learning more about their program we have attached the guidelines, Chair/CEO letter and nomination form. This information is also available online at www.wsib.on.ca
- Small business owners/operators can nominate themselves for an award or be nominated by an individual or organization dedicated to supporting small businesses (e.g. trade/business/professional associations). All nominees must sign a statement confirming the information in the nomination form.
- Nominees must be registered with the WSIB and have an account in good standing (i.e. all premiums and other amounts owing to the WSIB are paid up-to-date, no prosecutions).
- Nominees must have at least one worker (not including owner/operator) but less than 50 workers.
- During the life of their business, nominees must not have:
- Any workplace fatalities
- Any prosecutions by the Ministry of Labour for violations to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations or the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
Nominations due: June 30, 2017
Comments are closed.