Earthscape is an award-winning, design-build firm that specializes in amazing, commercial, custom, contemporary timber playgrounds. Our main office and state-of-the-art fabrication shop are located 1.5 hours west of Toronto, just outside of Elmira, Ontario in Wallenstein. A second office is in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Our playgrounds are installed all over the world.
The playgrounds we design and build are custom, site specific and inspiring. Before going further, you must check out our website to see the epic playground structures you will be involved in creating.
Who are we looking for?
As a Carpentry Foreman / Playground Carpenter, you:
- will work with an experienced team of engineers and wood craftspeople and carpenters and will bring your keen eye for construction design to help us figure out how to best build our playground structures and sculptures;
- enjoy physical work with large timbers to build custom designed playable-wood sculptures;
- must know how to read construction drawings from our Engineering department;
- will learn to work with SolidWorks to manipulate drawings for construction;
- be competent in operating all types of standard wood shop machinery;
- have excellent problem solving skills – our designers and Engineers are constantly looking for feedback on how best to construct our unique playground pieces;
- will be a critical part of conversations to discuss what worked and what didn’t work for each project;
- may have the opportunity to travel to installation sites across North America to supervise the installation of the sculptures and structures.
What’s in it for you?
This job offers the opportunity to work on some of North America’s most interesting playground projects. The pace, challenges and problem-solving opportunities mean you will never be bored. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine a wide variety of skills in our rapidly growing business.
We believe in great compensation for great employees, and we reward our staff with a combination of:
– profit sharing and performance bonuses
– overtime pay
– award-winning projects and designs
– up to date equipment
– no management hassles and great colleagues
– benefits for full-time employees
Contact: For more information or to apply, contact our office at 519.804.6854 x827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com