The Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario is looking to expand its team with a Cluster Membership Manager!
If you are a highly outgoing and highly motivated person looking to join a unique, rapidly growing company please view the full job description and apply now!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position!
Full job description:
WMCO Cluster Membership Manager
Wood Manufacturing Cluster of Ontario (WMCO)
WMCO is the only industry-led cluster organization for the value-added wood industry in Canada. Based on the Porterian cluster model as adopted across the EU, WMCO serves all segments of the wood manufacturing industry in Ontario. We are looking for a highly motivated and outgoing person to fulfill the role of Cluster Membership Manager.
The position involves regional travel in Ontario.
Reports to: WMCO Leadership Team
- Post secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in client service, sales, and retention
- Knowledge of and experience in the wood product manufacturing industry (asset but not necessary)
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, presentation, and social)
- A proven ability to implement a sales plan with a need to meet or exceed sales targets
- A natural ability to work with people, have an exceptional ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work independently and self-managed
- A positive attitude, with the ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Proficient using Microsoft office 365 (word, excel, power point, forms, and other platforms).
- Knowledge of use of social media platforms
- Use of car and ability to travel in Ontario
Areas of Responsibility
The position works in strategic collaboration with the Cluster Manager, CEO and other WMCO team members, and performs the execution of:
Member Engagement/Retention & Business Development/Sales (80%)
- Regular member visits and contact to maintain member engagement with WMCO activities
- Identify member needs, trends, ideas, and opportunities to drive WMCO events and activities
- Communicate above needs and trends to the Senior Membership Manager, CEO, and staff to help create and drive WMCO programming and projects
- Help connect industry members to solutions and resources for their success
- Track the above data on companies and WMCO activities above using shared tools and processes
- Marketing and sales of new WMCO memberships
- Tracking of new member lead development and follow-up
- Relationship development with prospective members
- Follow-ups with prospects to attend and engage in WMCO events and programming
- Closing member sales and achieving sales targets as per the strategic plan
- Network with all relevant organizations and stakeholders to raise awareness of the WMCO and increase our profile
- Trade Shows: attend and promote WMCO
- Regular communication with WMCO members, WMCO staff
- Creation of and posting of news articles on events and activities and updates to website and social media
- Bi-weekly reports on activity
- Relationship building with key partners
- Pro-active relationship building with team members in remote working environment
- Work closely with the Senior Membership Manager to improve member experience, attraction, and retention
Other tasks evolve with this dynamic position with future opportunities for advancement!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote